Military Families Speak Out continues to demonstrate the futility of continuing our military presence in the Middle East. We know that there is no military solution to our problems in the Middle East and surrounding areas. We need to stop multiple deployments which hurt our troops and their families. We need to focus on caring for our troops, our military families and all the civilians who have suffered from these many wars.
We call for continued efforts for diplomacy and humanitarian aid. In addition, we know that xenophobic rhetoric & hate speech only exacerbates the situation and sends a false message that we are at war with Islam, which in turn only leads to more hatred from civilians in the Middle East who are mostly Muslim. It also gives ISIS the propaganda they need to continue attracting more anti-American recruits.
After 15 years of war, we stand ready to meet the challenges ahead with renewed vigor and hope that you will stand with us. We need help from every member if we are to end these wars once and for all. Please get involved today!
Ways to Get Involved
1. Join or rejoin MFSO, even if your loved one is no longer in the military.
2. Sign the PeacePledge. MFSO, as an organization, has endorsed United for Peace & Justice’s Peace Pledge. Any member can individually sign this Peace Pledge. Go to: http://peacepledge.
3. Be visible. Organize a weekly, bi-weekly, or monthly vigil in your community. Be sure to encourage other organizations to co-sponsor.( We can help you find local allies)
4. Write letters to the editor of local newspapers or blogs-and send us a copy. We can then multiply its exposure by sending it to our larger allies like VFP, IVAW, UFPJ .
5. Plan special protests at the local offices of members of Congress that have voted or promote war. We can target representatives for you.. Co-sponsor with other groups.
6. Meet with members of Congress to share your concerns. Campaign to get a meeting with your congressional representatives; be sure to tell them that you’re a military family member.
7. If there is no chapter nearby, consider starting an MFSO chapter. You only need 3 people and we have a very good Chapter Building Kit we will send you. We will also help you get media coverage when you launch your chapter.
8. Give us a call at the MFSO office. We are very open to your ideas and have suggestions for other ways that we can use your help on a national level. Reach us at email@example.com; we have a Facebook page, (please post this), a website mfso.org with a blog ( post something), and during West Coast business hours you can reach us at 562-597-3980 or after hours at 562-833-8035.