The peace and justice and anti-war movements are stepping up the campaign for ZERO Troops in Afghanistan! According to news reports the U.S. government is practically begging the Afghanistan government to let the U.S. military remain in Afghanistan until at least 2024! We say NO! Bring the troops home! Bring the war dollars home!
Afghanistan President, Karzai, has said no U.S. troops in Afghanistan beyond 2014. But there is an upcoming election selecting a new Afghanistan President on April 5, 2014. All candidates have said they will allow troops to remain. The decision allowing American troops to remain in Afghanistan should not belong to either the new Afghanistan President nor President Obama, it belongs to the American people who, in overwhelming numbers, want our troops home now. We must call on President Obama to bring all troops home in 2014.
SPEAK OUT! First:
Sign the on-line petition calling for ZERO Troops in Afghanistan!
• Ask your organization to co-sponsor this petition. Contact email@example.com
- Post the ZERO Troops in Afghanistan! petition on your Facebook page or send it out on twitter or other social media.
- E-mail this flyer to your contacts. Download Flyer
- With your help, we hope to deliver petitions with at least 50,000 signatures to the White House.
If you’d like to do more:
- Circulate the ZERO Troops in Afghanistan! flyer in your community.
- Call President Obama: 202-456-1111.
- Write letters to newspapers or blogs and send postcards.
- Plan local vigils or demonstrations. Send pictures of actions to MFSO@MFSO.org.
For more info and action ideas, go to: Peace Action (www.Peace-Action.org ) and Military Families Speak Out (www.MFSO.org) 562-833-8035
Sponsors: Peace Action (www.Peace-Action.org )*Military Families Speak Out (www.MFSO.org), Iraq Veterans Against the War, Veterans For Peace, US Labor Against the War, United for Peace and Justice * PeaceHome Campaigns * Progressive Democrats of America – End War & Occupation * Jobs Not War * Teaneck Peace Vigil/NJ* Indiana Peace and Justice * LA Resist * War is a Crime/David Swanson * Intercommunity J&P Ctr Cincinnati, Topanga Peace Alliance, LBA Peace Network, OC Peace Coalition, CODEPINK